Highways England have written to the Parish Council to advise that work is due to take place between Jct. 38 of the M62 North Cave, and the A63 South Cave. A vehicle diversion will be in place from Howden to Western Interchange.
Highways England will be improving road safety along this stretch. This will involve:
- removing and replacing sections of the central reservation barriers to maintain safety for road users
- renewing some signs and streetlights.
- improving some sections of verge.
- resurfacing some sections of the road.
- replacing road markings and reflective studs.
Highways England are starting work on Tuesday 1 June and expect to complete the work by the end of January 2022. They will be working overnight Monday to Friday between 8pm and 6am, and they will not close the road in both directions at the same time